We now interrupt the sheep talk with breaking news!*
For those who know me, they know I use exclamation points sparingly – and I judge others who don’t. (I’m working on that last part. I promise.) This is one of those rare times I allow one (or two) to slip through.
I’m excited to announce that as of this month, I have raised enough money to get to Kenya.
That means the first step of my financial support raising – more than $12,300 – is complete: I can book a ticket and move to Kenya.
Which I would love to do.
But if I did, I wouldn’t be able to stay more than a month or so.
Not before I complete the next step: reach at least 75 percent pledged of $2,330/month. Currently, I have about 35 percent pledged.
Can you help?
It’s been a crazy ride. I have been blown away by the support of so many: individuals (friends, family and even strangers); churches like Christ Presbyterian and City Reformed Presbyterian; and groups like Adonai Partners and World Witness.
To those of you who have supported this journey so far, thank you so much for your encouragement. It means a lot. Truly.
If you are interested in helping out, here are a couple of ways to do so:
– Patience: This has never been my strong suit, but pray I will be able to use the time well that is given to me, whether it’s here in Ohio or in Kenya.
– Grace: Over the years, God has shown me what it means to live a gospel-centered and grace-filled life. I continually fall short. As I prepare to move overseas, pray that I would be able to handle family and friend relationships with even a measure of that gospel and grace focus.
– Travel: I continue to travel, sharing my journey with churches and other groups, and meeting with supporters. Pray that those trips continue to go smoothly.
– Increased financial support: In the next couple of months, several churches in Pennsylvania and Maryland will consider monthly partnerships and/or one-time support. Pray that those discussions might be fruitful.
I would not be able to do any of this without the assistance of many. Thanks!
If you would like to help out financially, consider pledging an amount per month – $10, $25, $50, $100 or more. One-time gifts are also welcome. To date, I need to reach at least $1,000 or more in pledges per month to reach the support level needed to book my ticket.
If you have questions, go through my Contact page. I’ll be in touch.
* Wow, I’m impressed you followed the asterisk all the way down here. Well, chances are you may not be entirely sure what “sheep talk” means. If so, click here to get up to speed.